Beauty Review: Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control (New Version)

May 6, 2017


Hey gais! So, it's already summer in the Philippines and the weather is way hotter than I thought it's going to be and wearing makeup under the scorching heat of the sun is quite frustrating. But! That ain't gonna stop me from wearing makeup (though I'd prefer wearing less during this season) that's why here's a review of the product that I've been using lately as my base makeup: Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control (23 Sand).

A little background of this product, Laneige is a korean brand that's known for their awesome skincare and makeup products plus Lee Sung Kyung is one of the models for this brand, you guys! This cushion has two variants: Pore Control (which is for oily-skinned gals like me) and Whitening (for those who want the dewy look).



This is what the box that it came with looks like. 


Please don't mind the dirty puff (I've already used this sooo). Like the usual, the compact has a mirror and also has a puff inside.


The refill that it came with. I've heard that you cannot use the refills from the old version of this cushion because the new refills are a little bit smaller in size compared to the old ones (still, both have 15g of product so don't worry!)


This is pretty much one of the highlights of the new version: diamond-patterned cushion instead of the usual "dotted" pattern. It's easier to control the product you get from the cushion since the "diamonds" evenly produce the product as you press it. 





So here's a before and after photo of me wearing the BB cushion. I am so sorry for the inconsistent lighting (I couldn't seem to catch the natural light that the blemishes on my face aren't showing). As you can see, I have redness and two dark patches from my recent breakout on my cheek. 


So here's the review:

Shades: This cushion comes with 8 shades (Cool and Neutral 11, 13, 21, 23) but the darkest shade available is still lighter than my skin tone which is really saddening considering that the old version's 23 matches my skin tone very well. If you're fair-skinned, the shades might work for you!

Packaging: I love love love the packaging! The holographic logo is really eye-catching and it's easy to carry around. It's pretty small to put in a clutch. But compared to some powder compacts, this might be a little bulky.

Scent: It has a little bit of floral scent that's not disturbing at all.

Coverage: Light to Medium. I love how this looks like my skin but better. Unfortunately, it can't cover dark blemishes so you'll be needing a concealer if you have one. It can cover the pores and redness very well, though.

Finish: Semi-matte. Despite this looking a little bit lighter on me, it still looks natural! As someone who has oily skin, this can control sebum really well. A dust of setting/mattifying powder and you're good to go. This doesn't oxidize (for me) and the more I wear this, the more it looks good on my skin (the dewy effect it gives after hours of wearing it makes my skin looking healthy, not oily!!)

Overall Rating: 4.7/5 (The shade range is just ugh)
Repurchase or not: Would repurchase! It's worth the splurge.

Have you guys tried this? Share your thoughts down below!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave some comments down below! Any form of hatred towards the blogger and the readers will not be tolerated. Please be kind.

Blog Statistics

Free counters!
Since April 29, 2016